Friday, February 17, 2012

Sunny Friday!

Today has been a pretty good day.  I’m a little on the tired side since baby girl is still having some sleep issues and is waking me up in the middle of the night.  However, I will be implementing the new schedule this coming Monday and will hopefully have everyone in synch within a couple of weeks.

This weekend will be time to relax and get some stuff done around the house.  Hopefully we will continue to have some sunshine (today is absolutely gorgeous) and I will be able to get a lot done on this 3 day weekend.  I am one of those people that weather totally effects.  As long as the sun is shining I usually feel great and have pretty good energy, it does not matter to me if it is warm or cold, just sunny.  If it is cloudy and overcast, my energy starts to drop and I get so lethargic.  I am totally a Southern California girl! (Though my dream is to move to Hawaii.)

My other main goal for the weekend is to stay on track with my diet.  I have been on course all week and I don’t need to blow it now.  Weekends are usually my down fall, but I am trying to be present and continue to consciously diet.  To constantly remind myself that NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN WILL FEEL!! 

BDS Day 10 – Goal Setting

Today’s topic was about setting realistic goals.  Of course everyone wants to set long term goals (which are great) but it is hard to stay focused on them when it will take time to achieve the goal.  For me, my long term goal is to lose 112 pounds and if I only had that goal I would quickly be disenchanted with the process and would lose focus.  To set a realistic goal (smaller more manageable goals that should be easily attainable in the short term) the book encourages 5 pound increments and to celebrate or award yourself (with a non-food item or event) each time you reach your short term goal.  So I will do what the book suggests and set 5 pound increments and reward myself for each 5 pounds I lose by putting $10 in a celebration jar.  This money will be used to purchase something fabulous or do something fabulous when I reach goal my ultimate goal.  I am also doing some milestone goals 5%, 10%, 15%, onederland, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, 40%, then ultimate goal.  I am still trying to decide on my reward for reaching each of these milestones (a reward will be more instant and gratifying) but I will share them once I figure them out.

QOD – Does the weather affect your daily mood?

1 comment: