Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday / Day 2 of 30 Day Shred

I hurt.  I am sore.  My muscles are screaming at me. 

Yep, day 2 of the 30 Day Shred challenge is complete and muscles I forgot I had (triceps, obliques, deltoids)  are asking begging me to stop the insanity.  It was so hard to get out of bed this morning at 5:30 to do my workout.  Physically, I just wanted to sleep and let me sore body rest.  But mentally, my brain screamed NO!  I reminded myself that the soreness will get better (and get better faster if I workout) and that I must workout if I am serious about losing weight and getting into shape.  I cannot lie in bed and lose weight – it does not work that way!  I have goals and I am going to reach to goals!  Sore quads be damned!

Weigh in today was a meh moment.  Today the scale flashed 238.4.  So I am up a little from last week, but I was expecting it because of the new workout.  When my muscles are taxed they tend to hold on to water.  I expect that when the soreness passes the weight should drop too. 

Today is also the official start date of my diet according to BDS.

Day 15 – Monitor Your Eating.

Today’s topic is all about tracking what you eat.  WRITE IT DOWN!  It is amazing how much better I eat when I actually take a couple of minutes to track the food ( I do this using the Lose It app).  This little step makes me so accountable.  Being accountable is the key to weight loss. Visually seeing a number of calories consumed makes me think about my food choices.

QOD – Do you track your food?

3 comments:

  1. Great job on getting up and going this morning! I track my food to, because without it, I would never be accountable. It also really helps me to keep better track of portions.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracking is the single most important thing for me, hands down. It only helps - it NEVER hinders you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is great to feel tired. This makes you satisfied with what you've done. But when you are living active lifestyle, your body needs a support. I have found a lot of useful advices at militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/. Numerous articles about athlete training, diet plans and nutrition helped me improve my workouts and overall well-being.

    ReplyDelete